"If you want something you've never had, you must be willing to do something you've never done"
Connect your company's vision, values, and people in a cohesive and logical path forward. Be chrystal clear. Clear is kind; unclear is unkind (Brene' Brown). Identify those who want to do more and help them get there. Retain the best, but don't be afraid to develop the rest.
Knowing who can lead next
Looking through a big picture lens, who "gets" the culture? Who connects with others? Who has followers? Who understands one size does not fit all across all company businesses? Who understands why you do what you do, not just what you do? That talent sect is your target audience.
General HR Staples
HR's technical role
HR must ensure the company is compliant, ethical, and above reproach. It must be a business partner, aligned with the goals and the culture of the company. HR can no longer afford to be the clipboard-carrying police waiting for someone to make a mistake. If you are not adding to the solution, you are causing a problem.
Creating a Great Workplace
No dread on Sunday Night
Creating a great workspace is about caring, respect, and trust. It is about realtionship building. Leaning in and listening is core. Without relationships, there can be no effective empathetic leadership.
What's in a Name?
The WHOLEHEARTMIND Creed
I believe you must bring your whole self to the table if you want to thrive in today’s crazy world; your personality, your sense of humor, and most importantly, your heart. All of these elements brought me to start WholeHeartMind.
The Professional Offerings of WholeHeartMind Business Consulting include:
Better, faster, simpler, easy to digest, and adopt Leadership Development training based on years of practical experience and deep research at the University of Liverpool. It is effective both live and virtual.
Senior manager coaching up to the Executive Level. I am a Certified Coach Practitioner from The Coach Training Academy.
Benefits Consulting: I am a licensed insurance agent and can help design group benefits for your company that are more cost-efficient.
HR Generalist consulting. Whether integrating a new merger or dealing with difficult employees or investigations, I have 25 years of practical experience.
Welcome to WholeHeartMind
Live your Best Whole Life
We are all told, “live your life to the fullest”; I am here to do just that and maybe help you along the way. WholeHeartMind serves as a vessel to project my passions and clue in my loyal readers as to what inspires me in this crazy world. So, sit back, relax, and read on. Engage WholeHeartMind Business Consulting LLC for a full suite of HR services and Leadership Development.
Live Your Best Work Life Manifesto
1. We believe in the kind of courage where we are afraid to ask an unintelligent question, but we do it anyway.
2. We believe that genuine caring, respect and trust are the foundation of all great relationships and connections, which are the essential elements of leadership.
3. We believe the best learning is discovered in failure.
4. We believe that passionate, thirsty workers are the best kind and who can learn anything.
5. We believe in understanding the cosmic “why” of what we do every day.
6. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to do the work they are best at and they love.
7. We believe working for a great team is preferred regardless of whether the company is great.
8. We believe in doing the right thing, even if the right thing takes longer and is a bit harder.
9. We believe in listening generously until the other person feels heard.
10. We believe in getting at facts even if the “story” is interesting.
11. We believe in looking for a person’s intent behind their behavior, not judging their behavior.
12. We believe we are not the smartest people in the room, nor do we ever want to act as such.
13. We believe everyone is worthy of, and valued for, stating their well-founded opinion.
14. We believe that no one can ever say, “That’s not my job.” We are one heartbeat – no team member left behind.
15. We believe in an innovative business partnership and never saying “no” without a great reason.
16. We believe in asking everyone, “What does support look like from me?”
17. We believe water cooler talk is essential social capital for building relationships.
18. We believe that everyone is in search of significance every day.
19. We believe that inside every person we know is a person we don’t know -- who is just as valuable.
20. We believe that we can have an impact in creating a Great Place to Work!
Connecting you to resources that matter.
USI Insurance Consulting
USI is a top 10 insurance brokerage and consulting firm, delivering Commercial Property and Casualty, Employee Benefits, Personal Risk, Program and Retirement solutions throughout the United States. USI is the largest privately held broker of U.S. business and one of the largest insurance brokers in the world.
FacilitiesCONNECT is in a unique position to bring value to local and national suppliers of facilities labor-based solutions and value to local government, K-12 and higher education entities that are in search of efficiency, effectiveness, and innovative cost-saving procurement. Contact: David Adams at email@example.com or 832.963.5220
USI is approaching $2 billion in revenue with more than 7,500 associates in approximately 200 offices across the country. USI has served over 150,000 clients meeting their property & casualty, employee benefit, personal risk and retirement needs nationwide. USI combines industry-leading national capabilities delivered through longstanding, passionate and committed local service teams.
David Adams worked on both the supply side and the procurement side for over 30 years. He has over 20 years of experience in the GPO/Cooperative business space and was responsible for running a $115M business unit for a major manufacturer via cooperative contracts. Representing one of the largest national purchasing cooperatives in the country, he was Vice President for Facilities Contracts. David is passionate about the value of cooperative and GPO contract purchasing and how it can help grow your business.