Delta Cafe' - Coping and Cocktails Life Coaching - Thursdays
Time & Location
About the Event
What is The Delta Café 2.0?
Six facilitated judgment-free, group, life-coaching sessions to examine the trajectory of your life and to help drive you to take a more active role in your success. These sessions are meant for all ages. The name “Delta” means change. Caférepresents the social interaction encouraged. The fingerprint symbolizes individual uniqueness.
Expected Results: Upon completion of the six sessions, you should be able to:
· State with some confidence your core strengths – the reasons for your successes.
· Show an external elevated mood and self-appreciation – comfortable in your own skin.
· Succinctly explain your general career direction and needed development – unconfined, what do you enjoy?
· Cite ways you have already begun ascending your career ladder.
· Understand your personal “why” - your higher purpose and how it adds meaning to your life.
· Understand the career advantages of being a learner rather than a knower – Brene’ Brown’s work.
· Show how you embraced personal change, turning weaknesses into strengths – like an addict!
· Have a greater sense of purpose, self-confidence, self-control, and seeing a path to living your best life.
General Learning Environment:
· Meet in a socially distanced large room in a home setting or virtually in a Zoom Room
· Come prepared each session with a minor amount of prework
· Share, if comfortable with the group.
· Listen intently to the sharing and learn to be inclusive to make better decisions.
· Network with attendees, build relationships, get connected, validate yourself
· 90 minute sessions – part academic, part discussion, all learning
· Each in-person session ends with a 45-minute cocktail social.
TICKETS: Email me your interests at:
Prework for Session One:
Free: Career interest assessment:
Free: DISC Personality Profile
Session One - Perspective
· Quick orientation and introductions.
· Career assessment: Given your surveyed answers to a profile, what careers are most suited to you?
· DISC Assessment/Personality Profile: Appreciating differences and honoring inclusion. Your personal style?
· Circle of personal perspective: What is your satisfaction with the critical leveraging aspects of your future?
· Assertion: How will you make progress starting today in the areas that are most important to you?
· Overcoming inertia. A preview of the Sustain section coming later.
· Shedding shame, embracing guilt, being vulnerable. A preview of the Mindfulness section.
Session Two – Purpose
· Your personal “Why”: Simon Sinek’s Ted Talk: Gen Z and Millennials prefer to understand the Why of everything. Watch the video as a group and discuss.
Session Three – Grow
· Moving from Knower to Learner – Brene’ Brown: An extensive leadership development class and discussion.
· Personal Change Model: Once you know WHAT you need to change, HOW do you change?
· Homework: Integration of career desires, overcoming inertia
Session Four – Sustain
· Mindfulness: What is it? How can it keep you grounded and optimistic?
· Sharpening the Saw: How to stay motivated, informed, and ready to act. We will review a dynamic reading list for being an engaged human.
· Homework: Choose one book, read one chapter that is meaningful to you and be ready to discuss during the next session.
Session Five – Lead
· Review of last session. Feedback from the room
· Lessons from Chapter Nine of Nine Lies About Work, by Marcus Buckingham and Ashley Goodall. “Leadership is a Thing.” The purchase of the book is not necessary but recommended. It is also on the list of books from which to choose for outside reading.
Session Six – Mindfulness - Celebrate - A victory over your old self
· The group is encouraged to share any life or perspective-changing experience from The Delta Café sessions.
· 20 Virtues of a great workplace
A lesson in mindfulness, gratitude, and charity - the healing impacts and life-enhancing properties
· A summary of the course lessons.
$225 for the entire series per person. Purchase of the book (one from the reading list) for the outside reading, not included. That is nine hours of coaching that would cost $2000-$3000 in one-on-one sessions. Once payment is received (Credit Cards accepted), your spot is reserved. Fifteen in-person participants per session maximum.
Thursday nights, beginning August 20
7-8:30 PM coaching;
8:30-9:15 PM Cocktail Social,
The Delta Café: Upstairs lake-view room, 17838 Olde Oaks Estate Court, Cypress, Texas,
Social Distancing Enforced,